Our History

Mawdesley St. Peter’s is set in a beautiful location. With a horses field on one side and the Village Hall and Millennium Green on the other – the setting is outstanding. Indeed, Mawdesley St. Peter’s School is in the heart of an amazing village. The School building itself retains many Victorian features whilst also boasting fully equipped, modern facilities for children with varying needs. We have four spacious classrooms, a beautiful traditional School Hall, a fully equipped working kitchen, three additional teaching rooms and a library.  Externally, we have two large playgrounds, a large field, four vegetable plots, a fixed play area, an outside woodland classroom and a pond full of wildlife.

The school was built in 1894 and an extension was added in 1974 when the Mawdesley Methodist school building was closed and it amalgamated with Mawdesley C. of E. School. The Methodist Church retains its interest in the school by appointing a member of the governing body. The school is an Aided Church of England School which means the governing body are the employers and are responsible for the maintenance of the building and any improvements to the interior. The school serves the village of Mawdesley and beyond and caters for children from four to eleven years.

Contact the School

Mawdesley St. Peter's Church of England Primary School

Hurst Green, Mawdesley, Ormskirk L40 2QT

Main Contact: Mrs Carole Fairhurst

Tel: 01704 822657

View our calendar

Prospective Parents

Find out more about our school here

twitter logo

We are on Twitter

follow us